Telegram messenger is significantly ahead of its closest competitors in terms of the features. This applies to both private and group chats. Recently, update 8.3 added Restrict saving content function, which allows users to restrict forwarding contacts, messages and media to other groups.
You can prevent members of a group or channel from saving and forwarding content in just a few steps:
- Open Telegram and select the group/channel whose content sharing restriction you want to edit.
- Tap the group name at the top.
- In the upper right corner, click Edit to change the group settings.
- Select the group type – by default, the group type is set as private. If this is not the case, enable it.
- You will see the Restrict saving content menu at the bottom of the page. This option is disabled by default.
- Tap Restrict saving content to enable it.
- Click Done in the upper-right corner to save the settings and return to the group settings page.
That’s how in a couple of seconds you can restrict the ability to forward messages to other chats. However, such a restriction does not apply to screenshots that participants can take.